[Gangwon-do, Wonju] Chiak Mountain and Gourmet Restaurants




South Korea is consisted of following major administrative divisions - one special city (the capital, Seoul), eight representative provinces, six metropolitan cities (self-governing cities that are not part of any province), one special self-governing province(Jeju Island), and one metropolitan autonomous city(Sejong).

( source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea )


Firstly, I would like to introduce Gangwon-do among the eight provinces, specifically Wonju-si in Gangwon-do as my parents are currently living in this city so this place is so good to be introduced for the first posting as I am very familiar with this impressive place.

Gangwon-do is located in the east areas from Seoul, the capital of South Korea. Wonju-si is one of most closed Gangwon cities from Seoul (It just takes about 1.5 ~ 2 hours by car).
Gangwon is well known as its natural environments and it still has their unique local characters with its own cultural history.
If you like to enjoy traveling the natural environments and unique local features in Korea, Gangwon would be the best choice for you!

( source: https:\\www.mapsofworld.com )

Wonju is well known as Chiak Mountain which is one of the beautiful but challenging mountains so a lot of hiking lovers would never missed this spot.
In South Korea, we have four dynamic seasons - Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and this mountain changes its colors with very vivid beautiful ones in each season.
I especially recommend Autumn season to hike Chiak Mountain if you have a limited time to travel.

You can enjoy the Chiak Mountain with various hiking routes.
You can learn the detail information about hiking Chiak Mountain from this official website --> http://english.knps.or.kr/Knp/Chiaksan/Intro/Introduction.aspx?MenuNum=1&Submenu=Npp


( source: http://english.knps.or.kr/)


Now I will show you its beautiful sceneries with its photos that I have experienced Chiak Mountain myself!!!

I went to the route from Geumdae Range Station to Yeongwonsa (Korean Temple) with my family during the last fall season. As you see in the photos, autumn in Chiak is so beautiful with its unique seasonal colors.








After hiking, it is typical that you go to the local restaurants which is well-known as its local foods. Yeah, this is a perfect timing to fuel your body with excellent foods after the challenging exercises, the hiking. However, I have a strong and careful but very Korean taste in dining so we went to the Chinese-Korean food restaurant in the core of Wonju which is one of my favorite choices.

Yeah, I love this type of foods. This type of foods is initially invented by the immigrant Chinese people to South Korea very very long time ago so its taste is very unique unlike any other foods in Korea or China. There are still many great Chinese-Korean food restaurants in Korea whose owner
is actually Chineses immigrants to Korea.
The most of Korean people enjoy this type of foods in their daily life so I can tell that I am not the only one who love this food in Korea. The best menu in this type of restaurants is Jajangmyeon(black noodle), Jjambbong(spice noodle), tangsuyuk(sweet and sour pork) which is my favorite menus too when I go to the restaurants with my friends or family. Korean people usually struggle to make a choice between Jajangmyeon and Jjambbong because both of them are yammy with its unique tastes.

This is a very memorial food for me too as I had this foods when I celebrated for my middle school and university graduation with my family. Plus, while I was staying in US, whenever I missed Korean foods, I went to a franchise restaurant of this food (Hong Kong Ban Jum in San Diego) in most every week.
Moreover, its tastes in local best restaurants in Korea are just untouchable so you should definitely try it when you visit Korea.

The place my mom and I went was the one that I definitely want to recommend to visit for travelers.
The restaurant's name is Cailin which is located at nearby Wonju railway-station and you can find more detail information from its website is https://cafe.naver.com/zhonghuacailin.




As I LOVE this kind of foods, I can introduce many other good restaurants in Won-ju for it!

The other luxurious Jjambbong place in Wonju is "Jjambbong Town" but they also have other menus like Jjambbong or tangsuyuk. The place is famous with Jjambbong having the rich seafoods. It's located on the suburb area from Wonju main town but I can tell you that it's worth to go if you are a Chinese-Korean food lover like me.

You can find more detail information for this place from here --> https://store.naver.com/restaurants/detail?id=21734452




Comments